Myriam Goldin, LCSW, RPT-S
I am a Virginia Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor (RPT-S). I received my Master's degree in Clinical Social Work from Virginia Commonwealth University and my Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from George Mason University.
My clinical career has focused on facilitating emotional healing for at-risk adolescents exposed to multiple traumatic experiences. I have worked in various clinical and educational settings in the Northern Virginia area supporting bilingual and bi-cultural youth experiencing socio-emotional and educational challenges.
My desire to advocate for the understanding of children's and youths' needs impacted by trauma led me to become a leading voice in the Fairfax County Public School System. I present in the educational field on the issue of trauma and its impact on learning, and on the power of healthy relationships as corrective brain experiences. I have presented on trauma at the state, regional, national and international levels.
I have experience providing evidence-informed treatment to children, adolescent, and adult survivors of physical, emotional, or sexual abuse; children and youth experiencing emotional dysregulation as a result of issues of attachment, acculturation, and grief; and children experiencing difficulties with problem sexual behaviors. I received specialized training conducting Extended Play-Based Developmental Assessment (Gil); Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy; Boundary Project Assessment and Treatment Program (Gil & Shaw); Trauma-Focused Integrative Play Therapy (Gil); art, sand, and play therapy interventions; parent-child assessments, and attachment-focused Theraplay techniques. I have also received specialized training in imagery education from the Center for Healing and Imagery.
I am excited to continue my individual, family and group work while nurturing my passion and commitment to training, education, and the clinical teachings of Dr. Gil.
- Association for Play Therapy
- Virginia Association for Play Therapy
- National Association of Social Workers
- Adjunct professor at Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Social Work from 2008-2012. Myriam taught clinical practice and the delivery of social work services in school settings.
- Guest lecturer at the University of Virginia, Northern Virginia Campus, and local school districts on the subject of trauma and learning.
- International lecturer on integrated approach to working with abused children: play therapy and other approaches.