Sand Therapy Consultation Workshop .
Eliana Gil, Ph.D., RPT-S
This workshop is open to those who have attended the introductory course to family play therapy, or who have been utilizing family play therapy as part of their clinical intervention. During this advanced workshop, participants will be pre-selected to make presentations with a clear consultation question. These questions can be specific to family play interventions, challenges in being inclusive with family, or how to deepen clinical understanding of the family play therapy activities of the family. Participants are encouraged to bring art work, sand pictures, stories or poetry, or any other activity that we can discuss.
- List two challenges to inviting family members to participate in family play therapy;
- List two benefits of inviting family members to participate in family play therapy;
- List two factors that create a rationale for blending play therapy with systems thinking;
- List two observational categories when play therapists are assessing family play therapy;
- Name one important reason for play therapists to encourage reflection by family members;
- List one way that a metaphor can be transferred to another expressive therapy.
10:00 – 11:30 Clinical Case Presentations and Discussion
11:30 – 11:45 Break
11:45 - 01:15 Clinical Case Presentations and Discussion
01:45 - 02:15 Lunch
02:15 - 03:30 Clinical Case Presentations and Discussion and Summary
3:30 – 3:45 Break
3:45 – 5:00 Clinical Case/Summary
Falender, C. A., Shafranske, E. P. (2012). Consultation in Psychology: A Comptetency-Based Approach, 1st Ed., Washington, DC: APA
Thomas, J. T. (2010). The ethics of supervision and consultation: Practical guidance for mental health professionals. American Psychological Association. https://doi.org/10.1037/12078-000
Hernández, P., Carranza, M., & Almeida, R. (2010). Mental health professionals' adaptive responses to racial microaggressions: An exploratory study. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 41(3), 202–209. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0018445